Tuesday 18 June 2013

Oceansdarling

There are literally millions of ocean and marine images available but I came across this one and just had to share it. I have always been a lover of all things ocean and marine and it has fascinated me for as long as I can remember. There's just something so magical about it. I've always been a sort of whimsical fairytale kinda character and the ocean has always enchanted me.
I have the most beautiful memories growing up going to the beach every weekend if I had my way and just looking out to the sea and then getting lost in all it's glory. I loved swimming and being in the water. Always the first to go in and last to come out..
The salty scent of the water, the dreamy colours of the sea, the sound of waves crashing. This is beauty for me. That is my peace.

Whenever I am stressed, or things get too hectic, the beach has always been my go-to place. And as many people there may have been around, it was still my private retreat. Nothing and nobody mattered..

I absolutely love dolphins and waking up at 6 for a part time job at the flea market certainly had its perks. I was fortunate enough to witness beautiful bottle nosed dolphins every Sunday morning as they glistened in the gorgeous Durban sunrise. It's in moments like those that I knew everything's gonna be okay and that the world isn't all that bad..

One of my favourite things would definitely have to be walking the pier. Right to the end! Watching the waves crash through the little crevices of the concrete pier. Until I reach the very end, my happiness.. Night or day, there's nothing more magical to me..

So yeah, this picture isn't anything out of the ordinary except that to me its the path to my magical world where I swim with the dolphins and whales and where I can forget about all the troubles of the world..

My magical abode..

No comments:

Post a Comment